Let’s face it—moving day is no walk in the park! Packing and moving take thorough planning, whether you’re moving to the other side of town or across the country. The Kathy Henne Team wants to make your move to Piqua, Ohio as seamless and stress-free as possible, which is why we’re providing you with an essential checklist for all your moving to-dos.
Before You Move
A successful move starts well before you receive the keys to your new home. Alleviate stress from the get-go by being proactive weeks before moving day arrives. Here’s how to get started...
Handy Packing Tips
- Label EVERYTHING: There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to unpack an unorganized mess. Label all boxes by room, so you’ll know exactly where to put them in your new home—and even better, consider color-coding them for quicker placement.
- Pack light: Don’t weigh down boxes in an attempt to minimize the number of boxes you have. It’s better to pack more boxes than to break the entire box from being bogged down.
- Get creative: In addition to packing staples such as bubble wrap and packing peanuts, utilize household items to carefully pack your things. Blankets and thick clothing make great padding for glassware and other breakables.
- Prepare an "open me first" box: Your “open me first” box will be your go-to box the first night in your new home. Before you’ve unpacked everything, you can find essential items like toilet paper, instant coffee, and personal items in this box.
- Prevent leaks: Cling wrap is going to be your new best friend on moving day! Use cling wrap to securely cover the openings of soaps, shampoos, and other liquid products. You can also use it to wrap dresser drawers or jewelry displays to keep everything intact.
On Moving Day
Moving into your new home should feel like a fresh start—not a confusing craze. Here are some tips for an exciting, and, of course, productive moving day!
After You Move
Congratulations! You have successfully relocated to Piqua, Ohio! Now it’s time to settle in and enjoy all the fun things to do in this area!
Still Have Questions About Relocating to Piqua, Ohio?
If you’re ready to find the perfect home in Piqua, Ohio, then it’s time to contact the Kathy Henne Team. We’ll serve as your local guide to all things Piqua, and we’re more than happy to answer any questions you may have!
Want to learn more about buying a home in Piqua, Ohio? We’ve got plenty of resources to help you out!